Chicago Jazz Festival Schedule — September 2, 2023
Any entrance to the park is a direct entrance to the event. Entrance Map
Seating bowl and Great Lawn open at 2:45pm.
(schedule is subject to change)
Harris Theater Rooftop - Young Lions Jazz (Enter on Randolph St.)
- 11am - Chicago High School for the Arts
- 11:50am - Midwest Young Artists Conservatory
- 12:40pm - Lane Tech College Prep High School
- 1:35pm- Whitney Young High School
- 2:25pm - New Trier High School
- 3:15pm - Kenwood Academy High School
Von Freeman Pavilion (North Promenade)
- 11:30am-12:25pm - Alvin Cobb Jr.
- 12:40-1:35pm - Devon Sandridge
- 1:50-2:45pm - Theodis Rodgers Organ Trio
- 3-4pm - Carmen Stokes
WDCB Jazz Lounge (South Promenade)
- 12-2pm - WDCB Remembers Victor Parra with Rene Avila’s Afro-Cuban Quintet
- 2:15-4:15pm - Roy McGrath Quartet
- 4:30-5:30pm - Thaddeus Tukes' Dolphin Dance
- 5:45-7pm - 2 Brown Sisters: Maggie and Africa Brown
Mobile Music Box (South Promenade)
- 1-4pm - At the Mobile Music Box tent, experiment with making musical instruments like shakers, drums, and even saxophones! Guest of all ages and experience levels are welcome to join Mobile Music Box founder and Chicago Cultural Center Learning Lab Artist-In-Residence, Aquil "AQ" Charlton, in making and playing music with these simple and fun instruments. This workshop is made possible by support from the Fry Foundation.
Aquil "AQ" Charlton, is a musician, teaching artist, and leader of public studio and instrument-making workshops as founder of Mobile Music Box and co-founder of Mobilize Creative Collaborative. An accomplished producer, DJ, and recording artist, Aquil also leads studio production, songwriting, and recording workshops for all experience levels. Aquil is a South Side Chicago resident and father.
Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- 4:15-5:05pm - Tammy McCann
- 5:25-6:10pm - Brandee Younger
- 6:25-7:25pm - Nduduzo Makhathini
- 7:45-9pm - Makaya McCraven