Chicago Jazz Festival Schedule
Thursday, September 1, 2022
(schedule is subject to change)
Chicago Cultural Center, Claudia Cassidy Theater
- 11:00am-12:00pm - The Young Masters Quartet, Presented by Live the Spirit Residency
- 12:15-1:15pm - TOYOAKI Jazz Ensemble, Presented by Asian Improv
- 1:45-2:45pm - The David Scott Quartet, Presented by South Side Jazz Coalition
- 3:15-5:15p - What is this thing called Jazz? Presented as a part of the Chicago Made Professional Development Series.
Presented as a part of the Chicago Made Professional Development Series:
Join us for a special 65th anniversary screening of the rare documentary Satchmo the Great, which follows Louis Armstrong on tour throughout Europe, Africa and back to the United States in the mid-1950s, as captured by the camera crews of legendary journalist Edward R. Murrow. The screening will be followed by a panel discussion and Q&A with the Grammy Award-winning Director of Research Collections for the Louis Armstrong House Museum, Ricky Riccardi, with other notables from the Chicago Jazz scene. For those considering careers in music, each panelist will share details and perspectives on their own paths to their current professions in addition to discussing the career of Louis Armstrong and the content of the film. Produced by the Education Committee of the Jazz Institute of Chicago.
Chicago Cultural Center, Preston Bradley Hall
- 11:00am-12:00pm - Andrew Lawrence Sextet performing Keith Jarret's TREASURE ISLAND, Presented by Fulton Street Collective
- 12:30-1:30pm - The Shy Shēks, Presented by Illiana Club
- 2:00-3:00pm - Mai Sugimoto, Presented by Elastic Arts
- 3:30-4:30pm - The Marlene Rosenberg Quartet, Presented by The Hyde Park Jazz Festival
Millennium Park, Jay Pritzker Pavilion
Security gates open 2 hours before the event start time. The concert perimeter (Pritzker Pavilion, Stage and Great Lawn) will be closed to the public for 1 hour before the gates open.
Enter the Park on Randolph Street, Monroe Street and Millennium Garage entrances (View Map - A, B, E and G entrances)
- 6:30-7:30pm - Mike Allemana Vonology
- 7:45-9:00pm - Henry Threadgill Zooid