File a Cultural Affairs and Special Events FOIA Request
DCASE FOIA Request Log > FOIA Request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state law that provides citizens with access to public records. Each City department is a separate agency responsible for maintaining its own records, so requests should be submitted to the department that maintains the records you want.
All Freedom of Information requests submitted to City of Chicago departments must include the following information:
- The contact information of the requester;
- A description of the records that are being requested
Cultural Affairs and Special Events FOIA Information:
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) maintains the following categories of records:
- Special Event permit applications for Neighborhood Festivals, Parades and Walks and Runs (however DCASE does not produce these events with the exception of the Memorial Day Parade and does not enter into any contracts related to them)
- Completed film permits
- Grant applications and fact sheets for Chicago Cultural Grants administered by DCASE
- Information related to DCASE produced festivals and events
- Information related to Millennium Park, the Chicago Cultural Center and the Clarke House Museum
- Information related to Chicago City Markets
Please note: records listed on this page may not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Requests can be emailed, mailed, faxed or dropped off in person.
For Cultural Affairs and Special Events FOIA requests, write to:
Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St., Rm. 410
Chicago, IL 60602
Please note that all FOIA requests are posted online. FOIA requests are public information, and when you submit a FOIA request, your name and information about the request will be made available on the City's website.
Please be specific about the information you are seeking, and indicate the exact locations and dates. Please indicate in your request how you would like the information sent to you (via email, mail, or available to pick up at our office).
Due to our request volume, the most efficient way for us to respond to questions is via email: DCASEFOIA@cityofchicago.org