DCASE Press Room
Thank you for your interest in covering an event presented by the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). For media credentials and general press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for press or photo passes for concerts at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion or other DCASE events, please send your request on media letterhead no later than one week prior to the event date. PLEASE NOTE that not all requests will be granted; media credentials are limited based on available seating and other considerations – and should not be considered approved until expressly granted. Credentials will be granted beginning one month prior to the event date. Press and photo passes are complimentary but limited to the designated seating area – and do not include backstage access. Each media outlet is limited to one press and one photo request. If credentialed, media may not bring a guest.
Freelance Writers and Photographers
Freelance writers and photographers must submit requests for the outlet they are representing on the company’s letterhead with the assignment editor’s signature. Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Websites, Social Media, Blogs and Podcasts
Press admittance is open to journalists working in digital and other new media, but the website or social media platform must be established and updated regularly with relevant, original content. Please provide a link to past coverage or similar reportage with your request. Web designers, editors, marketing and PR representatives do not qualify for media credentials.
Video/Audio Recording and Drones
Video and audio recording for broadcast is allowed up to 5 minutes for non-commercial use only. Any commercial use is prohibited without artist consent and written authorization by the City of Chicago DCASE. Drones are prohibited without advance written authorization. PLEASE NOTE that fees may apply.
Taste of Chicago Grant Park
For inquiries including interview opportunities, onsite press access, photographer accreditation or other media requests, please contact Matthew Bryant at email@example.com.
Onsite photographer and media check-in will be located near Grant Park’s South Rose Garden and will be open from 5pm to 8pm, Friday through Sunday. All photographers must register at media check-in for access to the Taste Main Stage photo area.
Photos and Video
- Chicago Air and Water Show
- Chicago City Markets
- Chicago Cultural Center (general)
- Chicago Made TV & Film Initiative
- Chicago Poet Laureate avery r. young
- Chicago SummerDance
- CityArts Program
- Memorial Day Parade and Wreath Laying Ceremony
- Millennium Park (general)
- Taste of Chicago
- World Music Festival Chicago
- September 20, 2023: Nominations Are Open For The City of Chicago’s Official 2023 Christmas Tree
- September 6, 2023: Chicago Arts & Health Pilot For Creative Workers: A Pathbreaking Initiative to Integrate Arts Into Community Wellness and Support Artists to Gain Health Training
- August 31, 2023: Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Offers 10 Can’t-Miss Activations at 2023 Edition of Taste of Chicago, Taking Place Friday – Sunday, September 8 – 10 in Grant Park
- August 24, 2023: One week until Chicago Jazz Festival returns August 31-September 3, Millennium Park and Chicago Cultural Center
- August 23, 2023: Chicago Cultural Center Opens its Doors After Hours
- August 16, 2023: City of Chicago Announces Goose Island Stage Lineup and Additional Onsite Programming for 2023 Taste of Chicago, September 8 – 10 in Grant Park
- August 15, 2023: Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Offers Ten Tips for Enjoying the 2023 Chicago Air and Water Show
- August 2, 2023: City of Chicago Announces Full Food and Taste Main Stage Music Lineup for 2023 Taste of Chicago, Taking Place September 8 – 10 in Grant Park
- July 24, 2023: Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Announces Full Line-up for 2023 Chicago Air & Water Show
- July 20, 2023: City of Chicago Announces Lineups for Marquee Fall Music Festivals: Chicago Jazz Festival: August 31- September 3 World Music Festival Chicago: September 22 – October 1
- June 19, 2023: City of Chicago to Receive $6.8 Million from Mellon Foundation to Fund Creation of New Chicago Monuments
- June 16, 2023: Chicago Riverwalk 2023 Summer Season Announced
- June 14, 2023: Chicago SummerDance Announces 2023 Schedule
- June 13, 2023: “Tribute to Ramsey Lewis: Gentleman of Jazz” Concert Kicks Off the City’s Millennium Park Summer Music Series June 22 at 6:30pm at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion
- June 5, 2023: City of Chicago—Birthplace of House Music—Announces Complete Lineup For The 2023 House Music Festival and Conference, June 23 & 24, Free Admission
- May 23, 2023: Chicago Cultural Center Announces Open House Series Kicking Off June 15—Plus New Music, Visual Art and Dance Programming for Summer
View all DCASE Press Releases