DCASE Press Room
Thank you for your interest in covering an event presented by the City of Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE). For media credentials and general press inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for press or photo passes for concerts at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion or other DCASE events, please send your request on media letterhead no later than one week prior to the event date. PLEASE NOTE that not all requests will be granted; media credentials are limited based on available seating and other considerations – and should not be considered approved until expressly granted. Credentials will be granted beginning one month prior to the event date. Press and photo passes are complimentary but limited to the designated seating area – and do not include backstage access. Each media outlet is limited to one press and one photo request. If credentialed, media may not bring a guest.
Freelance Writers and Photographers
Freelance writers and photographers must submit requests for the outlet they are representing on the company’s letterhead with the assignment editor’s signature. Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Websites, Social Media, Blogs and Podcasts
Press admittance is open to journalists working in digital and other new media, but the website or social media platform must be established and updated regularly with relevant, original content. Please provide a link to past coverage or similar reportage with your request. Web designers, editors, marketing and PR representatives do not qualify for media credentials.
Video/Audio Recording and Drones
Video and audio recording for broadcast is allowed up to 5 minutes for non-commercial use only. Any commercial use is prohibited without artist consent and written authorization by the City of Chicago DCASE. Drones are prohibited without advance written authorization. PLEASE NOTE that fees may apply.
Photos and Video
- 2022 Year of Chicago Dance
- Chicago Air and Water Show
- Chicago City Markets
- Chicago Cultural Center Summer and Fall 2022
- Chicago Cultural Center Fall and Holiday Season 2022
- Chicago Cultural Center (general)
- Chicago Made TV & Film Initiative
- Chicago Sings Karaoke
- Chicago SummerDance
- CityArts Program
- Millennium Park (general)
- Taste of Chicago
- World Music Festival Chicago
- October 5, 2022: Chicago Launches New Citywide Karaoke Competition
- September 22, 2022: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Together We Heal Creative Place Program Grantees
- September 15, 2022: The City of Chicago is Accepting Nominations for Chicago’s Official 2022 Christmas Tree
- September 13, 2022: Chicago Cultural Center Announces Free Arts and Music Programming for Fall and Holiday Season
- September 8, 2022: City of Chicago, Birthplace of House Music, Announces Full Lineup for Chicago House Music Festival and Conference: September 15 – 18
- September 7, 2022: City of Chicago Caps Off the 25th Year of its Popular SummerDance Series With a SummerDance Celebration Sept. 17 in Millennium Park
- August 12, 2022: Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events Offers Ten Tips for Enjoying the Return of the Chicago Air and Water Show
- August 1, 2022: Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot Awards $6.5M in DCASE Grants to Chicago Nonprofit Arts Organizations
- July 25, 2022: City of Chicago Announces Lineups for Marquee Fall Music Festivals
- July 5, 2022: The Chicago Air and Water Show Soars Back Into Town August 20 and 21
- June 24, 2022: Chicago Cultural Center Opens Newly Renovated Claudia Cassidy Theater and Announces Summer and Fall Season of Free Film and Arts Programming
- June 16, 2022: Illinois Shatters Record for Film Revenues with $630 Million in Economic Impact in 2021
- June 10, 2022: Chicago Riverwalk 2022 Summer Season Announced
- May 31, 2022: City of Chicago Announces 2022 Taste of Chicago
- May 20, 2022: City of Chicago Announces the 2022 Millennium Park Summer Season
- May 11, 2022: City of Chicago’s Iconic Free Summer Music Festivals Return Next Month
View all DCASE Press Releases