McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
November 19, 2021—March 6, 2022 (weather permitting)
Millennium Park, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink
(click on image to enlarge)
Skating at the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink in Millennium Park returns for its 20th anniversary season, open daily from November 19 through March 6 (weather permitting). Admission is free, but online reservation tickets will be required. Snacks and hot drinks will be available from Momentum Coffee. Additionally, DCASE will present free skating lessons (reservations required) from 8–9am on most Saturdays and Sundays from November 20 through March 6, 2022, teaching beginner and intermediate ice skating and hockey skills. Free lessons are made possible by the McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.
Admission is free, but online tickets will be required.
Rates for Skate Rentals & Sharpening*
(Skate sizes start at childrens size 9 thru Adult 12)
$15 Friday-Sunday & Holidays
$10 Skate-aide (under 42 inches)
$9 Skate Sharpening
*+ $1 credit card processing fee per ticket/transaction
**all sessions have limited free/bring your own skate reservations available. If they are not visible they are sold out.
Skate Sessions Nov. 19, 2021—March 6, 2022
Regular Sessions Monday—Thursday:
Session 1: 11am-12:30pm
Session 2: 1-2:30pm
Session 3: 3-4:30pm
Session 4: 5-6:30pm
Session 5: 7-8:30pm
Weekend Friday—Sunday/Holiday Sessions Nov. 24–28, Dec. 17—Jan. 7, Jan. 17 & Feb. 21:
Session 1: 9:30–11:00am
Session 2: 11:30am–1:00pm
Session 3: 1:30–3:00pm
Session 4: 3:30–5:00pm
Session 5: 5:30–7:00pm
Session 6: 7:30–9:00pm
Online Ticketed Reservations Required. https://millenniumparkiceskating.showare.com/ Reservation dates are released 2 weeks in advance of session date.
Limited walk-up reservations for those without internet access or credit/debit cards may be available based on capacity. You may have wait for next session with available capacity.
Learn To Skate
DCASE presents free skating lessons (reservations required), teaching beginner and intermediate ice skating and hockey skills.
Skate rental is Free for the lessons.
8–9am most Saturdays and Sundays, November 20—March 6, 2022
Free lessons are made possible by the McDonald’s Active Lifestyles Endowment managed by the Millennium Park Foundation.
Food & Drink
Snacks and hot drinks will be available from Momentum Coffee next to the skating rink.
Wheelchairs, electric and manual, are allowed on the ice.
For other accessibility questions please email DCASE@cityofchicago.org
A limited number of skate-aides (under 42 inches) are available for rent.
Storage for personal items is very limited, please plan accordingly
Please Read Prior to Registration
- Please Note: Session capacity is limited. A select number of reservation types are available. If your reservation type is unavailable, please check back to see if spots open. Reservation types may sell out.
- No Refunds. All Sales are Final.
- No Transfer or changes of dates or session times – double check the date and time that you have selected, before purchasing your rental reservation. Reservations are tickets to a specific date, time and reservation type.
- There is no waitlist
- Session Cancellation - If the session you have reserved is cancelled by Management (weather, emergency, safety issues) you will be notified of cancelation via email. If you are considering making reservations, you can check social media (@millenniumpark) for cancelation updates. Updates will only be posted if the session is canceled. The website will also not allow bookings if it is canceled.
- Check to see if your state has travel restrictions or fall under Chicago Travel restrictions.
For partnership and sponsorship opportunities at the ice rink, please contact the DCASE Partnerships staff.