Millennium Park — Plan Your Visit
COVID-19 UpdateFor the health and safety of our visitors and staff, DCASE is taking necessary precautions for all its programs and venues. Please wear face coverings and keep your social distance. Learn more about the City’s response to COVID-19 and its vaccination efforts at chicago.gov/covid.
Open Daily, 8am to 9pm:
- Chase Promenades - with views of Cloud Gate (also known as "The Bean") from Chase Promenade Central
- Boeing Galleries and exhibitions
- BP Bridge between Millennium Park and Maggie Daley Park
- Lurie Garden
- Crown Fountain
- Wrigley Square
- McDonald's Cycle Center (for rentals and reservation repairs)
At this time, the Jay Pritzker Pavilion, the Welcome Center, and the Great Lawn remain closed.
Guests are urged to enjoy the park safely, and signage will be posted to remind everyone of important safety measures.
- Face coverings are required
- Maintain physical distance of 6 feet (2 meters) apart
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 persons
- Follow recommendations from the Chicago Department of Public Health — wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, avoid touching your face with unwashed hands and cover your noses and mouths when sneezing or coughing
- Stay home if you feel unwell
Entrance and Exit:
Guests are asked to enter and exit only at Michigan Avenue/Washington Street, Michigan Avenue/Madison Street and Randolph Street/North Promenade. All entrance/exits have accessible ramps.
If capacity is reached within the Park, entrances will temporarily close. Guests will be asked to wait in physically-distanced lines for entry into the park.
The entrances will be staffed to monitor capacity and reinforce physical distancing and mask wearing.
The restrooms are located on the lower level of either side of the Jay Pritzker Pavilion and are open park hours.
Food & Beverage:
The Park Grill Café outdoor plaza is closed.
General Millennium Park Rules:
Please observe the Millennium Park Rules (PDF) to ensure that everyone's visit is enjoyable.
For information on Millennium Park permit requirements, including for large gatherings of 50 persons or more, contact Antigona Kerimi email@example.com.
If you see something suspicious, say something to on-site security personnel or call 9-1-1. Be familiar with the surrounding area and heed staff and security warnings.
Art in the Park:
The Crown Fountain is a “live” piece of art, and in its establishment has an agreement with the City, park founders and artist Jaume Plensa that it not display any images beyond the faces that were curated by the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
The image of Cloud Gate is copyrighted and trademarked to artist Anish Kapoor. Any commercial use of these images is strictly prohibited unless approved by the artist. Projections of images on Cloud Gate are also precluded by this copyright. For more information, email DCASE@cityofchicago.org.