Adjacent Neighbors Land Acquisition Program (ANLAP)
The Adjacent Neighbors land Acquisition Program (ANLAP) enables homeowners in certain areas of Chicago to purchase vacant, city-owned lots for less than market value.
- Purchasers must provide proof of ownership and occupancy of the property immediately adjacent to the vacant lot.
- Proof may be provided in the form of a deed, title policy, etc.
- The vacant lot must be zoned either R-5, R-4, R-3, R-2 or R-l.
- The appraised, fair-market value of the lot must not exceed $20,000.
- Minimum bids must be at least $700 (or 7 percent of the appraised value for a parcel with a value that exceeds $10,000).
- Adjacent neighbors must not be delinquent in the payment of real estate taxes or have outstanding debts with the City of Chicago.
To begin the ANLAP process, fax or mail a completed Sales Initiation Form to:
Department of Planning and Development
Real Estate Division
121 N. LaSalle St.
City Hall, Room 1003
Chicago, IL 60602
Ph: 312.744.LAND (5263)