File a Assets, Information and Services FOIA Request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a state law that provides citizens with access to public records. Each City department is a separate agency responsible for maintaining its own records, so requests should be submitted to the department that maintains the records you want.
All Freedom of Information requests submitted to City of Chicago departments must include the following information:
- The name, mailing address and contact information of the requester (General FOIA Form);
- A description of the records that are being requested
The Department of Assets, Information and Services maintains the following categories of records:
- Brownfields Sites
- City facility locations
- Departmental personnel and payroll records
- Electric bills
- Environmental, Health & Safety Management
- Equipment maintenance records
- Fuel usage records
- Leases for City facilities
- Maintenance costs for City facilities
- Natural gas bills
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Vehicle title records
- Vehicle usage records
- Vehicle inventory records
- Work orders for City facilities
- Budget requests and City Council budget hearing documentation
- City technology standard policies and procedures
- Department personnel files, reports and payroll records
- Equipment files and maintenance files
- Software licenses
- Task order requests, proposals and acceptance and rejection letter
Please note: records listed on this page may not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
For Assets, Information and Services FOIA requests, write to:
Mail: 2 N. LaSalle, Floor 2, Chicago, IL 60602
Please note that all FOIA requests are posted online. FOIA requests are public information, and when you submit a FOIA request, your name and information about the request will be made available on the City's website.
Please be specific about the information you are seeking, and indicate the exact locations and dates. Please indicate in your request how you would like the information sent to you (via email, mail, or available to pick up at our office).
Due to our request volume, the most efficient way for us to respond to questions is via email: email@example.com