Department of Human Resources:
- Establishes the City of Chicago’s human resources policies;
- Manages and approves all human resources functions within the City;
- Advises City departments and Department Heads on human resources matters;
- Ensures a fair and equitable hiring process through the use of CAREERS, our award-winning job search engine;
- And directs the creation of programs that promote employee development and enhance management skills for employees and supervisors throughout City government.
Bid Job Opportunities
The Bid Job site is available to City of Chicago employees who are represented by specific unions. Each job posting on the site states by which union individuals must be represented in order for their application to be accepted.
Employment with the City of Chicago
Postings of open jobs with the City of Chicago may be viewed on the CAREERS website; applications also are accepted on the site.
Internships and Volunteer Programs
Internships and volunteer positions are available to qualified individuals; view open positions and submit applications on the CAREERS site.
Locations with free online access to Job Postings
Access to City of Chicago job postings is available at city locations including Chicago Public libraries and the CAREERS Service Center in City Hall.