Internships and Volunteer Programs
In addition to individual internship opportunities which are listed on the lower portion of this page, DHR has developed a new and innovative Student Intern Pool. This new process allows students interested in gaining valuable municipal government experience to submit their profile which is kept in a pool of pre-qualified candidates for consideration for available positions.
For people with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation to file their application, please contact the City of Chicago, Department of Human Resources at 312.744.4976, TTY: 312.744.5035. You will be required to provide information regarding your request.
Please click a department below to see available internship opportunities
- Fall 2022 Investigative Internship: Public Service Intern - Unpaid
- Fall 2022 Legal Internship: Public Service Intern - Unpaid
- Spring 2023 Investigative Internship: Public Service Intern - Unpaid
- Spring 2023 Legal Internship: Public Service Intern - Unpaid
- Spring 2023 Policy, Research, and Analysis Division (PRAD): Public Service Intern - Unpaid