Dr. Willie Wilson’s Gas Giveaway on Saturday, April 23
16 City of Chicago Locations
The Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) and the Chicago Police Department (CPD) have coordinated with Dr. Willie Wilson and his staff to provide City and department resources to mitigate traffic conditions and ensure public safety during the gas giveaway on Saturday, April 23. The public is urged to seek alternate routes in the area around participating locations. OEMC will be monitoring from the Operations Center to maintain public safety and provide awareness to city agencies.
WHAT: Dr. Willie Wilson Gas Giveaway Procedures
WHEN: Saturday, April 23
7 a.m. (Motorists will not be allowed to line-up in advance)
WHERE: 16 Locations in the City of Chicago (participating stations listed below)
- There will be one entry and exit point at each station with volunteers along with a site leader providing direction. Instructions for lining up will be provided at each site.
- Vehicles will be allowed to line-up at 7 a.m. Each vehicle will receive a sticker indicating position in line. Note: motorists will not be allowed to line-up in advance, and all must have a sticker in order to receive the free gas.
- Each station can expect up to 400 cars per location. Estimated time is 4-5 hours. Note: this could differ per station.
- Traffic Control Aides (TCAs) will be on hand at each location to assist with flow and impacts from heavy traffic.
- CPD will also assist TCAs at each location within the district it’s located to ensure public safety and the free flow of traffic.
- No gas cans or other containers allowed.
PARTICIPATING CITY OF CHICAGO LOCATIONS AND QUEUING INSTRUCTIONS:
Super Save: 48 E Garfield Blvd.
Stage SB on Michigan, WB onto 55th, Enter from 55th, Exit NB on Wabash
Citgo: 1345 N Pulaski Rd
Stage NB on Pulaski, Enter on Pulaski and Exit EB on Grand
Super Saver: 6659 S. Halsted
Stage on Halsted, turn east onto Marquette, Enter on Marquette, Exit NB on Halsted
Super Saver: 11100 S State Street
Stage SB on State Street, Enter on State Street, Exit SB on State Street
The Roux: 7051 S. Western Ave.**
Stage SB on 71st St., Enter on 71st St., Exit NB on Western
Mobil: 2801 S. Pulaski Rd
Stage NB on Pulaski, Enter on Pulaski and Exit WB on 28th St.
BP: 603 S. Independence Blvd.
Stage NB on Independence, Enter on Independence, Exit EB on Harrison
BP: 7601 South Chicago
Stage on NE side of South Chicago, Enter on South Chicago, Exit North on South Chicago
BP: 101 N. Western Ave.
Stage NB on Western, Enter on Western, Exit WB on Washington
Clark: 1952 W. Garfield Blvd.
Stage WB on Garfield, Enter on Garfield, Exit NB on Damen
Amoco: 7201 N Clark Street
Stage WB on Touhy, Enter on Touhy, Exit NB on Clark
Marathon: 340 S. Sacramento Blvd
Stage SB on Sacramento, Enter on Sacramento, Exit WB on Van Buren
Shell: 5230 S. Western Ave
Stage NB on Western, Enter on Western, Exit SB on Western
Golo: 1958 W. 47th St.
Stage WB on 47th St., Enter on 47th St., Exit NB on Damen
BP: 5201 W. Jackson Blvd.
Stage EB on Jackson, Enter on Jackson, Exit SB on Laramie
Amoco: 4402 W Roosevelt Rd.
Stage SB on Kostner, Enter on Kostner, Exit WB on Roosevelt
For additional information on emergency preparedness information, visit the OEMC website at Chicago.gov/OEMC. Follow the Office of Emergency Management and Communications on Facebook (@coemc), Twitter (@ChicagoOEMC) and Instagram (chicago_oemc_911).
# # #