Fire Extinguisher Serviceman
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: CLOSED
In order to obtain a Fire Extinguisher Serviceman [FES] license you are required to take the fire extinguisher serviceman exam.You must pass the FES exam with a minimum 70% score to obtain the FES liscense. FES exams occur twice a year and examination class size is limited.REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
All applicants must pre-register for the exam by calling 312-744-4762 to reserve a seat confirming your attendance to the scheduled examination.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICEMAN LICENSE PROCEDURES
All New Fire Extinguisher Servicemen Applicants reporting on the date of the exam without the below listed items completed will not be permitted to take the exam:
- Photo ID (Driver’s License or State ID) to show proof of age.
- Completed License application for Fire Extinguisher Serviceman.
- Completed Point of Sale (POS) form with your completed name and address.
- Two (2) pencils
- A $30 check or money order made out to “City of Chicago Department of Revenue”.
In order to better prepare for the exam, applicants should review the City of Chicago Municipal Code Sections on Fire Extinguishers [Chapters 15-4 and 15-16] which can be viewed online at AMLEGAL.COM: FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICEMEN (15-4-430 et seq.), AMLEGAL.COM: FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICEMAN (15-16-160 et seq.), and the NFPA 10 (2018 edition).
Please ensure that all current Fire Extinguisher Serviceman in your company have a current Fire Extinguisher Serviceman license and current Certificate of Insurance.
FIRE EXTINGUISHER SERVICEMAN LICENSE RENEWAL PROCEDURES
All Fire Extinguisher Serviceman license(s) expires on December 31st of the current year. You have to renew your Fire Extinguisher Serviceman license by the 20th of the next year. Please follow the procedures below to renew your Fire Extinguisher Serviceman:
- Each License renewal is $50.
- Download (2) copies of the Point of Sale (POS) invoice renewal form with your completed name and address.
- Renewals have to take their (2) copies of the Point of Sale (POS) invoice renewal form and $50 payment to a City of Chicago payment center. To locate a City of Chicago payment center go to: http://www.cityofchicago.org/finance.
- Contact the Bureau of Fire Prevention at (312) 744-4762 to make an appointment to get your license(s) renewed.
- Mailed in photos will no longer be accepted. A photo will be taken in the Fire Prevention Bureau office located at 444 N. Dearborn.
- Please arrive at the appropriate time of your scheduled appointment.
- Present the expired fire extinguisher serviceman license and a valid payment receipt attached to the Point of Sale (POS) invoice.
Please be sure that we have a current Certificate of Liability on file for your organization.