Chicago Cultural Center Building Tours
Weekly: Every Thursday & Friday • 1:15pm
Chicago Cultural Center • Tours meet in the Welcome Center, 1st Floor North
DCASE Homepage > Chicago Cultural Center > Tours > Building Tours
(click on image to enlarge)
Building Tours reveal the storied history of the landmark Chicago Cultural Center – offered year round on Thursdays and Fridays at 1:15pm. Tours are FREE and led by volunteer docents and/or staff.
Public Group Tours:
- Free guided tours of the building
- Thursdays & Fridays (year-round)
- Tours are 45–60 minutes long
- First come - First served. Limited to the first 25 people who sign up at the Randolph Street desk upon arrival.
Private Group Tours:
Docent guided tour for groups of 15-30 people - all ages
- By appointment only
- Approximately 1 hour
- Start at the Chicago Cultural Center Welcome Center and end in the Learning Lab
- Request a tour
Guided exploration of Chicago Cultural Center architecture and history, current visual art exhibitions, Learning Lab and Millennium Park, for Elementary and High School students.
Admission is FREE
Plan Your Visit Here
Exhibitions close 15 minutes before the building closes
Chicago Cultural Center
78 E. Washington St.
Chicago, IL 60602
Take CTA to Chicago Cultural Center
- From the elevated lines: exit at Washington/Wabash and walk east.
- From the subway: exit at Lake (Red Line) or Washington (Blue Line) and walk east.
- Served by Michigan Avenue buses 3, 4, 19, 20, 26, 60, 66, 124, 143, 147, 151, 157 and Washington St. buses 4, J14, 20, 56, 66, 147