What is eProcurement?
eProcurement is an advancement to business-to-government that applies digital technology to the acquisition of goods and services. The portal for vendors, iSupplier, will be a full-service resource for vendors and those interested in doing business with the City of Chicago. This tool will allow users to:
- Respond to Bids, RFPs, and RFQs online
- View & Track payments and invoices online
- Electronic submission of invoices
eProcurement will offer expanded services to our vendors and user departments that will modernize Chicago procurement and become an efficient resource.
- Streamlining the creation and approval of contracts, amendments, modifications, and extensions.
- Ensuring all contracts/modifications are processed quickly and in accordance with all ordinances, law, and regulations.
- Allowing vendors to download and respond to solicitations electronically
- Eliminating some paper-based processes, including physical routing of documents internally among DPS staff and managers.
- Consolidated procurement data tracking which is currently done through multiple systems.
- Enable online processes to capture and store vendor registration information, communication, and solicitation/contract processing.
The success of eProcurement is dependent on vendors utilizing the system. To assist vendors with the transition to online bidding, the City has developed an eProcurement microsite that includes information about the entire eProcurement process. The site will be updated regularly and will include training manuals and videos to guide vendors through every step.
2020 eProcurement Workshop Schedule
All workshops take place at City Hall, 121 N. LaSalle Street, Room 1103
- January 16, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- February 27, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- March 19, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- April 16, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- May 21, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- June 18, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- July 16, 2020 | 2:00-3:00 PM
- August 20, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- September 17, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- October 15, 2020 | 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- November 19, 2020 | 2:00 pm - 3:00 PM