Sexual Harassment: Don’t Ignore It. Take Action.
Sexual harassment is prohibited by the City of Chicago. A sexual harassment victim can be of the opposite sex or the same sex as the harasser. Acts that may be considered sexual harassment include:
- Repeated, unwelcome sexually suggestive comments, gestures, e-mails, or pictures.
- Unwelcome physical contact of a sexual nature.
- Requests for sexual favors in exchange for an employment benefit such as a raise or promotion.
- Subtle or direct threats that a sexual or personal relationship is required for employment, promotion, or other favorable treatment in the workplace.
- Requests for sexual favors in exchange for an agreement to rent an apartment or make repairs.
- Subtle or direct threats that a sexual or personal relationship is required to continue a rental agreement for housing.
If you are a victim of sexual harassment or assault or know someone who is, don’t ignore it! Take action.
To speak with someone who is trained to help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673) or chat online at online.rainn.org.
Converse con alguien que está capacitado para ayudar, llame a la Línea de Ayuda Nacional Online de Asalto Sexual al 800.656.4673 o al chat en línea en hotline.rainn.org/es.
File a Complaint with the Chicago Commission on Human Relations
Call the Chicago Commission on Human Relations at (312) 744-4111, or stop by our offices at 740 N. Sedgwick, 4th floor for information about filing a complaint.
You may also visit our website at www.chicago.gov/humanrelations, our Facebook page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a flyer in English and Spanish for more information.
Employers and CEOs, here's what you can do to create a safer work environment: NWLC.org/ThatsHarassment
That’s Harassment PSAs
The following PSAs are based on real incidents of sexual harassment. If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual harassment, help is available.
For information about these PSAs, visit Facebook.com/ThatsHarassment.
To learn more about the partnership among RAINN, David Schwimmer, Sigal Avin, and the Ad Council, see RAINN's article.
Discover more about the #ThatsHarassment Chicago campaign, launched by Mayor Emanuel and David Schwimmer.