Request for Information
Franchise for Electricity Delivery
The City of Chicago (“City”), through its Department of Assets, Information and Services (“AIS”), invites interested parties to respond to this Request for Information (“RFI”) regarding the City’s Franchise for Electricity Delivery.
This RFI is intended to:
- Solicit information, ideas, and expressions of interest to inform the City’s planning and determinations regarding future electricity delivery franchises for the nation’s third largest city and largest urban center between America’s coasts;
- Explore new and innovative ways to reliably, equitably, affordably and sustainably strengthen, maintain and operate the electricity grid within the City of Chicago;
- Allow the City to gauge interest from both the incumbent franchisee and others regarding new or renewed electric franchise(s); and
- Ensure the City receives informed input from a diverse set of interested entities and organizations responding to the RFI.
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION: RFI City of Chicago Franchise of Electricity Delivery
ADDENDUM No. 1 to the RFI: Addendum No 1
ADDENDUM No. 2 to the RFI: Addendum No 2
Submissions to the RFI must be sent to ElectricityFranchise@cityofchicago.org no later than 4PM CST, September 30, 2021.
Questions concerning the RFI should be sent to ElectricityFranchise@cityofchicago.org.
July 19, 2021 Virtual Town Hall
Recording of the Virtual Town Hall on July 19, 2021
Participate in additional community conversations. To request a presentation to your network or community group, email FranchiseFeedback@cityofchicago.org
Prompts for Feedback on Chicago's Electricity Franchise
- Prompts for Feedback on Chicago’s Electricity Franchise-EN (English)
- Prompts for Feedback on Chicago’s Electricity Franchise-AR (Arabic)
- Prompts for Feedback on Chicago’s Electricity Franchise-ES (Spanish)
- Prompts for Feedback on Chicago’s Electricity Franchise-PL (Polish)
- Prompts for Feedback on Chicago’s Electricity Franchise-SC (Chinese)
- Electricity Franchise Agreement webpage
- 2008 Climate Action Plan
- 2015 Climate Agenda
- Greenhouse Gas Inventory in 2017
- City of Chicago Municipalization Feasibility Report
- 1992 Franchise Agreement
- Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot's Letter Outlining Electricity Franchise Policy Priorities