M/W/VBE Program - Certification (DBE/ACDBE/BEPD) / IL UCP Directory
The Department of Procurement Services utilizes certified businesses to promote opportunities in the contracting process by contract award to or use as a subcontractor. The list of current certification types is:
- Airport Concessionaire Disadvantage Business Enterprise (ACDBE)
- Business Enterprises owned by People with Disabilities (BEPD)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
Our task is to ensure that contract awards reflect and adhere to the City of Chicago's participation goals. Awarded contracts are monitored and audited by the Department of Procurement Services.
If you are interested in becoming certified, need an application or for more information about the MBE/WBE/VBE, BEPD & ACDBE/DBE programs, please contact the Department of Procurement Services at 312.744.4900
Find Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE firms)/IL UCP Directory
Search the Illinois UCP (Unified Certification Program) for DBE firms (Disadvantaged Business Enterprises).
Minority and Women owned and BEPD firms
Searchable directory of City of Chicago certified MBE, WBE, DBE, and BEPD vendors.
Help with the procurement process
- Assist Agencies (To get the latest Assist Agency List, please visit "Quick Links" on our homepage: www.chicago.gov/dps)
These organizations can help explain the certification process and assist applicants with the completion of various bid forms and applications.
Events and workshops designed to teach vendors about various procurement processes and contracting opportunities.