Take advantage of many opportunities through workshops and events to learn about the procurement process. Convenient locations and times are happening Citywide. Check often for a topic of interest to you.
Click Here to REGISTER for Upcoming Workshops & Events
DPS offers 19 different classes on procurement and certification-related issues free to the public. These classes are offered monthly or quarterly and provide opportunities for greater knowledge on governmental contracting policies and procedures in order to increase competition and minority and women-owned business utilization on City contracts.
All workshops are free! See the link below for scheduled workshops.
Download the printable 2019 Workshop Schedule
Click Here for Descriptions and PowerPoints
2019 VENDOR FAIR
Hosted by the Government Procurement Compliance (GPC) Forum
The 2019 Vendor Fair is a collaborative effort by the members of the Government Procurement Compliance (GPC) Forum to give our regional businesses as many resources and networking opportunities as possible.
This event will provide businesses the opportunity to learn about contracting opportunities with the City of Chicago, its Sister Agencies, Cook County Agencies, and State and Federal agencies. You will have the opportunity to attend several business workshops, learn how to join the construction trade unions, find financial, insurance, and legal assistance. Come out and network with other business owners.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 15, 2019
WHERE: UIC Forum, 725 West Roosevelt, Chicago, IL 60607
TIME: 10:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M.
Learn about Contracting Opportunities in:
- Professional Services
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Work Services
City of Chicago Departments
- Chicago Department of Animal Care & Control
- Chicago Department of Aviation
- Chicago Department of Buildings
- Chicago Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection
- Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events
- Chicago Department of Finance
- Chicago Department of Fleet and Facility Management (2FM)
- Chicago Department of Human Resources
- Chicago Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT)
- Chicago Department of Planning and Development / Chicago Department of Housing
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Chicago Department of Street and Sanitation
- Chicago Department of Transportation
- Chicago Department of Water Management
- Chicago Fire Department
- Chicago JOC Program - Gordian Group
- Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communication (OEMC)
- Chicago Police Department
- Chicago Public Library
- Mayor's Office of People with Disabilities (MOPD)
- Chicago Housing Authority
- Chicago Housing Authority - Section 3
- Chicago Infrastructure Trust
- Chicago Park District
- Chicago Public Schools Department of Procurement
- Chicago Public Schools Office of Diversity
- Chicago Transit Authority
- City Colleges of Chicago
- McCormick Place
- Public Building Commission
Cook County Departments
- Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County
- Cook County Animal Control
- Cook County Capital Planning & Policy
- Cook County Contract Compliance
- Cook County Department of Facilities Management
- Cook County Department of Risk Management
- Cook County Department of Transportation and Highway
- Cook County Health & Hospital System
- Cook County Medical Examiner
- Cook County Office of the Chief Procurement Officer
- Cook County Sheriff's Office
- Forest Preserve District of Cook County
Government Agencies & Anchor Institutions
- Chicago Zoological Society | Brookfield Zoo
- Illinois Chief Procurement Office for Higher Education
- Illinois CMS Business Enterprise Program
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Illinois Office of the Comptroller
- Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs Office
- Illinois Tollway
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago
- Northeastern Illinois University
- Pace Suburban Bus
- Regional Transportation Authority
- S. Department of Energy Office of Science
- S. Small Business Administration
- University of Illinois
Assist Agencies & Support Organizations
- Angel of God Resource Center Inc.
- B/ACE Magazine
- Black Contractors Owners and Executives
- Black Contractors United
- Chatham Business Association
- Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
- Chicago Urban League - Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Construction Business Development Center
- Contractors Advisors Business Development / Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program
- Cosmopolitan Chamber of Commerce (Place near Inner City Underwriting)
- Do For Self Community Development Corporation
- Far South Community Development Corporation
- Federation of Women Contractors
- Fresh Start Home Community Development Corporation
- Greater Englewood Community Development Corporation
- Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Latin America Chamber of Commerce
- Monroe Foundation
- National Association of Women Business Owners of Chicago
- National Organization of Minority Engineers (NOME)
- Native American Chamber of Commerce of Illinois
- Polish American Chamber of Commerce
- Turn 2 Growth
- S. Minority Contractors Association
- Women's Business Development Center
- World Business Chicago
Employment & Labor
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Chicago Women in Trades
- Chicagoland Laborers' District Council Training & Apprentice Fund
- Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission
- IUOE Local 150
- Pipe Fitters Local Union 597
Financial Business Resources
- Accion Serving Illinois & Indiana
- Assurance Agency
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- BMO Harris Bank
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Inner City Underwriting Agency Inc. Community Insurance Center (Place near Cosmo COC)
- Liberty Bank
- New York Life
- Opulent Credit Builders Inc.
- S. Bank
- Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago
- Elite SDVOB Network
- Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs
Primes & Developers CONNECT
- Austin Power Partners
- Clark Construction Group - Chicago, LLC
- FH Paschen
- Jacobs Engineering
- KFA, Inc.
- Lakeside Alliance
- McDonagh Demolition
- McGuire Igleski & Associates, Inc.
- Power Construction
- Ragnar Benson Construction
- Terra Engineering, Ltd.
- William Charles Construction
11:00 – 11:45 a.m.
Doing Business with Government
Breakout Room D
The panelists for this workshop will cover topics on doing business with their respective government agencies. Learn what resources are available, navigating websites, procurement methods, contracting opportunities, and MBE/WBE compliance requirements. Learn information that will help your company be more competitive when submitting bids/proposals on various government-contracting opportunities.
City of Chicago, Chicago Public Schools, Chicago Transit Authority
Resources to Start, Run & Grow Your Business
Breakout Room E
Whether you’re a startup, established, or about to expand your business, find out what resources are available to business owners. In this workshop, entrepreneurs will learn what small business resources are being offered by the City, delegate agencies, and other community partners.
City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP)
Navigating Financial Challenges and Opportunities
Breakout Room F
In today’s business environment the Financial Services industry is constantly evolving to encompass a broad range of services and programs for businesses. We have united executives in the consulting realm, insurance, financial lending and investing, and professionals who know how to help you to improve your credit profile. This panel will explore Financial Services key issues and opportunities and share an array of innovative solutions and best practices.
Community Insurance Center, Illinois Finance Authority, Liberty Bank & Trust, Opulent Credit Builders, Inc.
12:00 – 12:45 p.m.
Propelling Your Business Through Aviation Opportunities
Breakout Room D
The City of Chicago’s two major airports are a major economic engine for the region. This workshop focuses on aviation-speciﬁc contracting opportunities in construction and professional work services.
Chicago Department of Aviation
Becoming a Certified Business
Breakout Room E
This workshop will provide information on the different small business certification programs that are available in the Chicagoland region. Find out what documents are needed when submitting an application, who qualifies and how to avoid the most common mistakes.
City of Chicago Department of Procurement Services, Cook County Office of Compliance, State of Illinois Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
Working with Assist Agencies
Breakout Room F
City of Chicago Assist Agencies are comprised of not-for-profit agencies and/or chambers of commerce that represent the interests of small, local, minority, women, veteran, and disadvantaged- owned businesses within the Chicago’s diverse communities. These organizations offer many resources to help business at every stage of their growth cycle as well as connect prime contractors with certified firms for subcontracting opportunities.
Black Contractors United, Hispanic American Construction Industry Association, Women’s Business Development Center