eProcurement & the iSupplier Portal
What is eProcurement?
eProcurement is an advancement that applies digital technology to the acquisition of goods and services for City of Chicago vendors/suppliers. The website for vendors called the iSupplier Portal (https://www.cityofchicago.org/eprocurement) is a full-service resource for vendors and those interested in doing business with the City of Chicago. This tool will allow users to:
- Respond to Bids, RFPs, and RFQs online
- View & track invoices and payments online
- Electronic submission of invoices
eProcurement will offer expanded services to our vendors and user departments that will modernize the City of Chicago procure to pay process.
- Streamlining the creation and approval of contracts, amendments, modifications, and extensions.
- Ensuring all contracts/modifications are processed quickly and in accordance with all ordinances, law, and regulations.
- Allowing vendors to download and respond to solicitations electronically.
- Eliminating some paper-based processes, including physical routing of documents internally among City staff and managers.
- Consolidated procurement and payment data tracking which is currently done through multiple systems.
The success of eProcurement is dependent on vendors utilizing the system. To assist vendors with the transition to online bidding, the City has developed an eProcurement microsite that includes information about the entire eProcurement process. The site will be updated regularly and will include training manuals and videos to guide vendors through every step. The iSupplier Portal and microsite are located at https://www.cityofchicago.org/eprocurement