New CHI MPEA TAX app
FINAL NOTICE: AIRPORT KIOSKS WILL BE REMOVED ON MAY 22, 2023
On Monday, May 22, 2023 kiosks will be removed and the old MPEA app will be deactivated.
While stamps purchased from kiosks or the old app continue to work for now, the old stamps will no longer work as of May 22, 2023. Any unused stamps will be transferred to the driver’s license holder’s account in the new CHI MPEA Tax app within three business days. To be ready for this change, ALL DRIVERS MUST SET UP AN ACCOUNT on CHI MPEA Tax as soon as possible.
City representatives will be available at the airports on Tuesday, May 9th and Wednesday, May 10th to answer questions about the new app and assist with registration.
All drivers must do the following:
• Download the new CHI MPEA Tax application on the App Store (IOS) or Google Play (Android)
• If you were not registered on the previous app, you will need to scan your Driver’s License.
• Enter a payment method to purchase stamps.
• No additional processing fees apply when users register their bank account as their payment method.
Action also required for account owners registered to remit the Ground Transportation Tax (GTT):
• Go to https://gtt-app.chicago.gov.
• If you already have a GTT online account, click on “Login” and select “Forgot Password”.
• Follow the instructions to reset your password.
• After you reset your password, you will be asked to enter and store a payment method.
• If you are required to pay the Ground Transportation Tax and do not already have a GTT online account, register using the new site.
For questions about using the new CHI MPEA Tax App or GTT website, or to obtain a PIN for registration, e-mail email@example.com or call (312) 747-4747, Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.