MyDec - Real Property Transfer Tax
Benefits of online filing are:
• Your declaration will advance through the approval stages of the recording process.
• PIN information will be validated against county assessor data immediately.
• Math errors are reduced because calculation fields on declarations are computed automatically.
• Declarations can be saved and edited at a later time before they are submitted.
• There are helpful tips available for many of the lines where common mistakes are made. These tips can be viewed or hidden by clicking on the blue help icon next to the lines.
• Fields that contain errors are displayed in red, providing a clear indication where changes must be made before the declaration is submitted.
If you wish to request abatement of interest and penalties due to late purchase of transfer stamps, please email us at email@example.com. NOTE: The Department will follow URPO Ruling #2 when considering requests for abatement.
Note: The City of Chicago does not accept real estate transfer tax declaration forms through the mail. To purchase real estate transfer tax stamps, you may visit the Department of Finance at either 121 N. LaSalle, Room 107 (City Hall) or 400 W. Superior. Alternatively, you may use a title company that is registered and authorized to print real property transfer tax stamps. A list of authorized title companies can be found on the MyDec homepage https://mytax.illinois.gov/MyDec// in the Settlement Agencies section. Click “Search for registered settlement agencies” and then “Show authorized” to see the results.
Customers can also call the Department of Finance’s Business Contact Center at (312) 747-4747 with questions about obtaining transfer tax stamps or filing declaration forms.