In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Chicago has joined the State of Illinois in issuing a Stay at Home order effective Saturday, March 21st at 5pm CT. In addition, City of Chicago facilities are closed to the public. Staff are prioritizing essential services to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. As such, we may be delayed in responding to non-essential inquiries and service requests. To stay up to date on the City of Chicago’s COVID-19 response, please visit the City Coronavirus Response Center site.
Benefits of online filing are:
• Your declaration will advance through the approval stages of the recording process.
• PIN information will be validated against county assessor data immediately.
• Math errors are reduced because calculation fields on declarations are computed automatically.
• Declarations can be saved and edited at a later time before they are submitted.
• There are helpful tips available for many of the lines where common mistakes are made. These tips can be viewed or hidden by clicking on the blue help icon next to the lines.
• Fields that contain errors are displayed in red, providing a clear indication where changes must be made before the declaration is submitted.
If you wish to request abatement of interest and penalties due to late purchase of transfer stamps, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: The Department will follow URPO Ruling #2 when considering requests for abatement.