The City of Chicago is currently in Phase Four: "Gradually Resume." Many City services have adjusted hours or locations and may require health screens prior to entering their physical
spaces. Please call ahead or visit any department's website to get additional details, or visit chicago.gov/covid-19.
Benefits of online filing are:
• Your declaration will advance through the approval stages of the recording process.
• PIN information will be validated against county assessor data immediately.
• Math errors are reduced because calculation fields on declarations are computed automatically.
• Declarations can be saved and edited at a later time before they are submitted.
• There are helpful tips available for many of the lines where common mistakes are made. These tips can be viewed or hidden by clicking on the blue help icon next to the lines.
• Fields that contain errors are displayed in red, providing a clear indication where changes must be made before the declaration is submitted.
If you wish to request abatement of interest and penalties due to late purchase of transfer stamps, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: The Department will follow URPO Ruling #2 when considering requests for abatement.