Pay Utility Bill
The City of Chicago offers a variety of convenient payment options to help make paying your utility bill quicker and easier.
The easiest way to pay is through the City's new web portal for utility billing. The web portal allows you to:
- View, print, or download your bills
- Go green and enroll in paperless billing
- View payment history and usage
- Make a quick payment
- Set up a payment plan
- Sign up for AutoPay
The AutoPay feature allows you to pay your bills with automatic debits from your bank account. With AutoPay, you will not have to remember to pay your bill. There are no service fees and you will receive a reminder email prior to the automatic debit.
Use our online system to pay your utility bill now by clicking on the button below.
Concerned about paying your utility bill?
Some payment options are outlined here in English and in Spanish.
Other ways to pay:
Along with paying online, you can also pay by phone, by mail, or in-person at a payment center or automated EZ Pay Station.
- By Phone: Please call 312.744.4426 and follow the instructions via the automated phone system.
- In-Person Payments: There are multiple in-person payment options, including City Hall, neighborhood locations, and automated EZ Pay stations:
- 1) City Hall: 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 107A, open Mon-Fri 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- 2) Neighborhood locations, open Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
- 3) EZ Pay stations, open various hours
- Mail: When paying by mail payment should be addressed to:
- City of Chicago Utility Billing
- P.O. Box 6330
- Chicago, IL 60680-6330
Online Account Management
Forms of Payment
The City accepts the following major credit cards: Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover. Debit cards must have Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Online: Electronic check or credit/debit cards
- Phone: Electronic check or credit/debit cards
- Mail: Check, cashier's check, or money orders
- Payment Center: Check, cashier's check, money order, credit/debit cards, or cash
- EZ Pay Station: Personal check, credit/debit cards, or cash
If you cannot pay your utility bill in full, there are payment plans available. You may enter into a plan from the online payment portal, by using the automated phone system at 312.744.4426, or in person at any of the neighborhood payment centers or City Hall.