Regional Center Information
Chicago ranks as unique for its neighborhood communities which reflect the cultural diversity of the City. These communities are represented by five regions: Northeast, Northwest, Central West, Southeast, and Southwest. The Chicago Department of Family & Support Services has built a senior center in each of the five regions of Chicago.
These centers serve as a focal point to Chicago residents , who are 60+ and their spouses, and caregivers where a variety of social, educational & recreational activities are available. Each center is tailored to the needs and interests of the communities. However every center provides a core of program and services including:
- Information & Assessment - staff who will assist walk-in clients or on the telephone
- Caregiver Resource Corners
- Life Enrichment Activities which include classes and workshops, day trips and tours, and special events and parties
- Senior Net Computer Learning Centers - classes for adults, age 50+, taught by volunteers
- Fitness Centers - cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility training offered by personal trainers with state of the art fitness equipment to help seniors stay active and keep in shape
- Wellness Program - nurse, dietitian, and pharmacist on site & available by appointment
- Volunteer opportunities
- Golden Diners - hot lunches (breakfast at certain locations) for a donation
- Monthly caucus meetings on current topics of interest to seniors
- Gift shops and much, much more!
The regional senior centers are conveniently located, accessible, available by public transportation and have free parking. Most programs are available free or at a nominal charge. Door to door transportation may be accessed through PACE's Special Services or Taxi Access Programs.
Listed below are the six Regional DFSS Senior Centers:
|Central West Regional Center||2102 W. Ogden||312.746.5300|
|Northeast "Levy" Regional Center||2019 W. Lawrence||312.744.0784|
|Northwest "Copernicus" Regional Center||3160 N. Milwaukee||312.744.6681|
|Renaissance Court||78 E. Washington||312.744.4550|
|Southeast "Atlas"Regional Center||1767 E. 79th St.||312.747.0189|
|Southwest Regional Center||6117 S. Kedzie||312.747.0440|
For more information on the CDFSS Regional Centers please call 312.744.4016.