Bicycle Messenger License
A Bicycle Messenger Service License is required for companies that operate bicycle messenger services in the City of Chicago Central Business District. The license is issued at the Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection office located at 2350 W. Ogden Avenue, First Floor.
- Certificate of insurance with the required minimum insurance coverage amounts of $50,000 for property damages, $50,000 for injuries to or death of any one person, and $100,000 for injuries to or death of more than one person in any one accident.
- Proof of workers compensation coverage must be provided as required by state law.
- Legal entity documents such as Corporate Articles and Minutes.
- Illinois Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing.
Bicycle Messenger Service License Application forms:
Read the Bicycle Messenger Service Ordinance:
- Chicago businesses must comply with all relevant federal, state, and City laws and rules. All laws and rules of the City of Chicago including the Consumer Protection Law and Rules, are accessible to the public using the following link Municipal Code of Chicago, Illinois.
For convenience, relevant sections of the City of Chicago Licensing Laws are available for download: Bicycle Messenger Service Ordinance.
Please note that businesses are responsible for knowing and complying with the most current laws, including any City Council amendments. The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) is not responsible for errors or omissions in the handout.
September 1- August 31
How to Apply:
Apply in person. Bring all required documents and a completed license application form to:
Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection Public Vehicle Operations Facility
2350 W. Ogden Ave.,
First Floor, Chicago, IL 60608
E-mail questions to: BACPPV@cityofchicago.org
8:00 am-4:30 pm