BACP Office Operations
All BACP offices are open to members of the public. Face masks are optional in BACP facilities. Please be kind and considerate of your fellow Chicagoan’s choice as to whether or not to wear a face mask.
As a reminder, business licenses can be applied for or renewed online by visiting Chicago Business Direct. Public Way Use Permits can be applied for or renewed online by visiting the Public Way Use Portal.
Chicago Business Direct allows you to do any of the following online, without the need for an in-person consultation:
- View your business account licenses
- View your business account tax history
- Make tax payments
- View your business account alerts
- Create new business location applications
- Add new business locations to your existing business account
- Move an existing business location
- Update your business assumed/DBA name
- Update your business ownership/officers
- Close a business location
- Renew existing business licenses or weighing/measuring device certifications
Small Business Center – 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 800
The Small Business Center is open for in-person consultations from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. To schedule an appointment, call 312-74-GOBIZ.
Licenses and permits can be applied for online, too.
Public Vehicle Licensing Facility – 2350 W. Ogden Avenue, 1st Floor
The Public Vehicle Licensing Facility is open for in-person license processing from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
· License applicants must check in at the reception desk before 3 pm to target same day service.
Email BACP Public Vehicle at BACPPV@cityofchicago.org to:
· Submit public vehicle licensing applications and documents
· Request to change public vehicle inspection dates
· Sign up for public vehicle industry notices for the latest news and announcements
· For questions on public passenger industry licensing and regulations.
Public Vehicle Inspection Facility – 2430 W. Pershing Avenue
The Public Vehicle Inspection Facility is open for scheduled inspections from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. The inspection appointment schedule is posted on the BACP Public Vehicle webpage. Requests to change public vehicle inspection dates should be e-mailed to email@example.com.