IF YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR CHILD
VACCINATED YOU WON'T BE THE FIRST...
YOU'LL BE JOINING MILLIONS OF PARENTS
CONFIDENT THEY'VE MADE A SAFE CHOICE.
KNOW THE FACTS
Your child won’t be a test case. In the U.S. over 8 million children aged 5-11 have already gotten their first dose without any serious safety concerns.
The size of the dose is tailored to children aged 5-11. it is 1/3 of the adult dose and the needle is also smaller.
In clinical trials, the vaccine for 5-11-year-olds has been shown to be 91% effective in preventing serious outcomes. Side effects were mild and similar to those seen in adults.
Vaccines have been around for at least 100 years. Vaccines are why we no longer worry about polio, measles, mumps, chickenpox, and many other infectious diseases.
The vaccine is new, but the science is not. mRNA vaccine technology has been worked on and fine-tuned for decades – long before anyone knew about COVID-19.
The mRNA vaccine has been held to the same safety and effectiveness standards as other vaccines given to children.
If you need assistance locating a vaccination site or have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine for children, call the City of Chicago COVID-19 helpline at 312.746.4835.
RESEARCH & REFERENCES
You need to make the right decision for your children. Below you will find relevant articles and medical research pertaining to the COVID-19 vaccination. Learning more can help answer your questions and make you feel confident in your decision to get your child vaccinated.
- Update on COVID_19 vaccination of 5-11 Year-olds in the U.S. Kaiser Family Foundation
- 10 things to know about the Covid-19 vaccine for children 5 to 11 years. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Safety and side effects of Covid-19 vaccines for kids. Mayo Clinic
- Some parents want to wait to vaccinate their kids. Here’s why doctors say do it now. NPR
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccines. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- COVID-19 vaccination for children 5 through 11 years old. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- COVID-19 vaccines for kids. What you need to know. Mayo Clinic
- How do vaccines work. University of Chicago Medical Center
- Diseases you almost forgot about (thanks to vaccines). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Understanding how COVID-19 vaccines work. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Vaccine history: developments by year. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- The long history of mRNA vaccines. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Understanding mRNA COVID-19 vaccines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The new technology behind COVID-19 RNA vaccines and what this means for future outbreaks. Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health