How to Obtain a CDPH Medical Record
The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) manages various clinics. We are only able to access medical records of CDPH Clinics. Please review the list of current and former CDPH clinics before contacting CDPH for records. Please note while some clinics still exist, they may no longer be CDPH clinics and may be operated by other health care agencies. As such, Chicago Department of Public Health will not have access to medical records generated outside of CDPH.
- CDPH currently only runs Mental Health, STI, and WIC clinics.
If your request involves one of the clinics listed, requests may be made by:
- Email to: CDPHCompliance@cityofchicago.org
- In person at any of our current clinic sites
CDPH is not affiliated with private medical facilities or hospitals and does not have access to those medical records.
Please be advised, the CDPH is required to keep records for only 10 years from the last date of service.
You may need a valid authorization before the record is released.
Frequently Asked Questions
For medical records or a paramedic report related to Chicago Fire Department Emergency Medical Services (e.g: ambulance), contact:
- The Chicago Fire Department
- Attn: Medical Records
- 3510 S. Michigan Ave., 2nd Floor
- Chicago, IL 60653
- The Cook County Clerk’s office is the official record keeper for births, marriages, civil unions and deaths that occur in Chicago and suburban Cook County. Please visit www.cookcountyclerkil.gov
- If the event occurred in Illinois, but outside Cook County, please contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at https://dph.illinois.gov
If you were vaccinated in Illinois, you can contact the Illinois Department of Public Health for vaccination records. Please visit https://dph.illinois.gov. Send any questions related to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
No. The Chicago Department of Public Health does not have access to any hospital medical records.
No. The Chicago Department of Public Health does not have access to these medical records.