How to Get Vaccinated
Your first contact should be your *health care provider, including your primary care provider, health clinic, or hospital where you have gotten medical care in the past. Nearly 650 health care providers have signed up with CDPH to distribute vaccine. Healthcare providers can still sign-up to be vaccine providers.
The City of Chicago has provided vaccines to pharmacies across Chicago. These pharmacies each have their own registration link which can be found below.
- Walgreens: register online, call your local Walgreens, or 1-800-WALGREENS (1-800-925-4733)
- Walmart: call: 833-886-0023; Option 1
- Jewel Osco: register online or call 877-723-3929
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies register online for an appointment.
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies 2745 N. Clybourn Ave (Licoln Park) : call (773)-360-2052
- Chicago Costco Pharmacies 1430 S. Ashland (Chicago IL Medical District) : call (312) 492-3601
- Other Illinois Costco Pharmacies (chart below)
1324 S ROUTE 59
2900 PATRIOT BLVD
505 W. ARMY TRAIL ROAD
680 S. RAND ROAD
7311 N. MELVINA AVE
1375 N. MEACHAM ROAD
1901 WEST 22ND STREET
9915 W 159TH ST
LAKE in the HILLS
250 N, RANDALL RD
LAKE in the HILLS
999 ELMHURST ROAD
215 S RANDALL RD
25901 RIVERWOODS RD
8400 WEST NORTH AVE
830 EAST BOUGHTON ROAD
301 W WASHINGTON
2500 SOUTH HARLEM AVENUE
5000 Stadium Dr
2002 N. Neil ST
16261 S Boulevard Place
The City of Chicago does not endorse any of the listed organizations. This list is provided only as a convenience. See the full disclaimer.
Employers are encouraged to host onsite vaccination events for their employees. Ask them directly about upcoming opportunities to get vaccinated. Employer resources can be found here.
Chicago has partnered with Zocdoc to streamline Chicagoans’ access to COVID-19 vaccines. You can visit zocdoc.com/vaccine to see nearby vaccination locations, show their real-time appointment availability, and receive notifications when new appointments are available. You can find appointments for all three available brands of vaccine every day on zocdoc.com/vaccine.
City of Chicago vaccine sites are now-accommodating walk-ins in addition to people with appointments.
Some jurisdictions have expanded their eligibility to Chicagoans. Appointments are available across Illinois and Cook County. Please review the links below for vaccine appointments outside of Chicago.
- Statewide Vaccination Locations (or call 833-621-1284)
- Cook County Health (or call 833.308.1988)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Spotter
- Illinois Vaccine Alert (Twitter)
Anyone age 12+ from Chicago can be vaccinated in Indiana, regardless of residence, following a recent change in eligibility in Indiana. To register in Indiana, go to the Indiana Department of Public Health website or call 866-211-9966 if you do not have access to a computer or need assistance.
Vaccination locations sometimes have unused, extra doses of COVID vaccine they must either use or throw out. Providers may alert Chicagoans to the availability of unused doses through various methods:
- Phone calls and/or texts to individuals on a clinic waitlist. Check with your provider about signing up to be alerted if there are leftover vaccine doses.
- Dr. B. is a standby list for COVID vaccine doses that are about to expire. Dr. B verifies providers before allowing them to use their alerting service. Sign up to be on a stand-by list for alerts from Dr. B about providers in Chicago with unused doses.
- CDPH posts intermittently posts end of day appointments at mass vaccination sites on zocdoc.com.
Vaccines.gov is a free, online service where users can search for pharmacies and providers that offer vaccination. Information about where COVID-19 vaccines are available is provided directly by pharmacies and providers, in collaboration with states, and is updated daily. Search vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find locations near you.
*If you have insurance but do not have a primary care provider, please check with your insurance company for a list of providers accepting new patients. If you do not have insurance, one option is to enroll with one of Chicago’s many Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). Download the FQHC flyers in English and Spanish.
Chicago COVID-19 Vaccination Finder
In addition to using the COVID-19 Vaccination Finder, your first contact should be your health care provider, including your primary care provider, health clinic, or hospital where you have gotten medical care in the past. Check your provider’s website, electronic application (e.g., MyChart), or office recorded message for details on vaccine availability.
Need help with this map?
Contact a COVID-19 general inquiry line at 312.746.4835.