BACP Entrepreneur Certificate Program
The Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP) Entrepreneur Certificate Program is a free and optional program available to attendees of the free BACP business education webinar series.
The program is designed to give entrepreneurs the essential information they need to start and grow a business in Chicago. The program’s curriculum covers essentials in business planning, financing, marketing, legal topics, technology, and more.
Once you successfully complete the program, you will be eligible to apply for an entrepreneurial loan with our partner bank, CIBC. The CIBC Entrepreneur Loan Program was created to support small businesses with important working capital. This low-interest, no-fee loan can range from $1,000 to a maximum of $10,000 for new businesses and $25,000 for businesses with one year of filed tax returns. All financing decisions are made by CIBC.
The program and webinars are not affiliated with any educational institution.
Program Overview & Requirements:
- Free, optional program in conjunction with the BACP business education webinar series
- To complete the program, participants must:
- Attend nine webinars hosted by BACP
- Complete the program within six months
- Webinars attended prior to signing-up will not qualify towards the program
- Select a BACP webinar you want to attend remotely from the webinar calendar and register for the webinar by following the registration links on the webinar calendar.
- Remotely attend the webinar you registered to attend
- After the webinar ends, send an email to BACPoutreach@cityofchicago.org and state that you want to sign up for the program and provide your name, email, and phone number along with the date, title, and presenter of the webinar you remotely attended
- After each webinar you remotely attend, send an email to BACPoutreach@cityofchicago.org providing your name along with the date, title, and presenter of the webinar you remotely attended
- BACP will keep track of the webinars you remotely attend, but recommends keeping track of the webinars you attend for your own records.
- After you complete your final webinar, you will be asked to verify your contact information
- Within one week, your certificate will be made available
- You will be connected with our CIBC bank representative to discuss the opportunity to apply for their Entrepreneurial Loan Program. All financing decisions are made by the bank.
For program questions, please email BACPoutreach@cityofchicago.org or call 312.744.2086
This does not make your business certified with the City of Chicago. If you are interested in the City of Chicago M/W/VBE Certification program, please visit www.chicago.gov/DPS