Learn what to do: public health emergencies and dangers
How to get information in an emergency
Local radio, television and the DCC Emergency Notification System will provide information in the event of a major emergency. In some instances, the Emergency Alert System may be activated.
The DCC Emergency Notification system will contact residents via the telephone and provide disaster specific information. If you are ordered to evacuate, the system will also advise you on where you should relocate.
- Disease outbreaks and toxins
- Carbon monoxide prevention
- When the power goes out
- Protecting food from power failures
- Water contamination
- Summertime Preparedness - Extreme Heat
- Hypothermia Treatment and Prevention