BACP COVID-19 Operations
As of 7/6/2021, the following BACP Offices will be open to the public:
Small Business Center – 121 N. LaSalle St. Room 800
The Small Business Center is open for limited in-person consultations from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. All members of the public are required to wear a face covering and maintain six feet of social distancing within all BACP offices. Please be advised that we expect long wait times for in-person consultations at the Small Business Center and in-person visits are strongly discouraged.
BACP continues to strongly encourage the processing of licenses and permits online and/or remotely.
Business licenses can be applied for or renewed online at chicagobusinessdirect.org. City of Chicago taxes and fees can also be paid online at chicagobusinessdirect.org. Current license status and information is available at the City of Chicago open data portal at data.cityofchicago.org or by calling 312-74-GOBIZ.
Public Vehicle Licensing Facility – 2350 W. Ogden Avenue, 1st Floor
The Public Vehicle Licensing is open for in-person license processing from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. Visitors will also be required to wear face coverings and maintain six feet of social distancing while in the facility and are encouraged to bring their own pen.
- Arrive early! For public safety and security, once the building reaches occupancy capacity, visitors will have to line out and wait outside for clearance to enter the building. Prepare for waiting outside in inclement weather. Visitors may be denied access once facility capacity is reached.
- License applicants must check in at the reception desk before 3 pm to target same day service.
- Due to COVID-19, BACP encourages the processing of licenses and permits via email.
Pay City of Chicago taxes and fees online at chicagobusinessdirect.org.
Email BACP Public Vehicle at BACPPV@cityofchicago.org to:
- Submit public vehicle licensing applications and documents
- Request to change public vehicle inspection dates
- Sign up for public vehicle industry notices for the latest news and announcements
- For questions on public passenger industry licensing and regulations.
Public Vehicle Inspection Facility – 2430 W. Pershing Avenue
The Public Vehicle Inspection Facility is open for scheduled inspections from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. The inspection appointment schedule is posted on the BACP Public Vehicle webpage. Requests to change public vehicle inspection dates should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Licensing: email@example.com
- Public Way Use Permits: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Vehicles: email@example.com
- General BACP Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org