• Vision: A city of thriving communities where all residents are able to live healthy lives.
• Mission: To promote and improve health by engaging residents, communities and partners in establishing and implementing policies and services that prioritize residents and communities with the greatest need.
• Diversity: We respect and appreciate our differences and affirm our range of experiences, values, traumas and strengths. We work to constantly improve our cultural competence and seek out underrepresented views.
• Excellence: We are a responsive workforce that strives to meet needs and exceed expectations. We deliver work with integrity and hold each other accountable for increasing health equity among Chicagoans.
• Informed Decision Making: We collect, analyze and disseminate data. In collaboration with community partners, we use data to inform program, policy and funding decisions.
• Teamwork: We work together, learning from and valuing staff and community partners. We aim to act responsibly, ensure effective communication and encourage each other to achieve our common goals