In response to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Chicago has joined the State of Illinois in issuing a Stay at Home order effective Saturday, March 21st at 5pm CT. In addition, City of Chicago facilities are closed to the public. Staff are prioritizing essential services to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. As such, we may be delayed in responding to non-essential inquiries and service requests. To stay up to date on the City of Chicago’s COVID-19 response, please visit the City Coronavirus Response Center site.
• Vision: A city of thriving communities where all residents are able to live healthy lives.
• Mission: To promote and improve health by engaging residents, communities and partners in establishing and implementing policies and services that prioritize residents and communities with the greatest need.
• Diversity: We respect and appreciate our differences and affirm our range of experiences, values, traumas and strengths. We work to constantly improve our cultural competence and seek out underrepresented views.
• Excellence: We are a responsive workforce that strives to meet needs and exceed expectations. We deliver work with integrity and hold each other accountable for increasing health equity among Chicagoans.
• Informed Decision Making: We collect, analyze and disseminate data. In collaboration with community partners, we use data to inform program, policy and funding decisions.
• Teamwork: We work together, learning from and valuing staff and community partners. We aim to act responsibly, ensure effective communication and encourage each other to achieve our common goals