Participating in contact tracing is important because it is your opportunity to stop the spread of COVID-19. By connecting with those with positive COVID-19 cases and their close contacts, the health department can assist in managing health concerns and connecting to services to help during quarantining or isolating. This is YOUR opportunity to stop the spread of COVID-19 in its tracks.
Make the choice to be a protector against COVID-19. You are protecting your family, your friends, and your community safe. Answer the call from 312.74.COVID (312.742.6843) and provide as much information as possible.
Answer the call
If you receive a call from 312.742.6843 or 773.207.5440, please answer and provide the contact tracer as much information as possible.
- Information discussed will not be sharedwith any other agencies, such as law enforcement or immigration.
- Your name will not be sharedwith those you came in contact with, even if they ask.
If you receive a call, text or voicemail from ChiTracer Corps, please follow the health guidance provided in the message.
Contact tracing is the key to slowing the spread of COVID-19. It:
- Lets people know they may have been exposed to COVID-19 and should monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Helps people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 get tested and connect to support services.
- Asks people to self-isolate if they have COVID-19 or self-quarantine if they are a close contact.